Maxtor HDD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Hello everyone. I currently have Hitachi 124gb HDD, and it's great. However, I'm running low on space, and would like to purchase a new HDD. I've been trying to see the HDD's with most gb for money. I found a Maxtor Diamond MAx 10 at ncix for around 109 and it has 200GB hdd (canadian currency)

From the reviews, it looks good. However, people have been saying not to get Maxtors. Can someone explain to me in an unbiased reason why? If maxtors sucked so much I doubt they would be in such great business....

Unbiased reason? I'd say most would have to resort that they run at .002 decibels louder than most other hard drives.

Biased reason? Majority of folks say this despite the fact they've never used the drives.

I have two cousins well into the computer industry. One has worked at the pentagon for 5 years, another works for a high end company in South Carolina. They both highly recommended Maxtor to me. In fact, one said "Hell with the western digital, get the maxtor."

So, that's just what I've heard personally. Just my 2 cents.

p.s.- my maxtor hdd is still new, however I've had 0 problems. It's no louder than my 20 gig IBM or 40 gig western digital.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you read on message boards like this. Sometimes you get one or two "cool" people with like 10000 posts to their names who have a problem with a piece of hardware, and a lot of people jump on the bandwagon and pretty soon opinion becomes fact.

I've got the same HD you're looking at buying, and its worked fine for me.

First of all, do you want to get SATA or IDE? because they Maxtor does have an advange with 16MB cache over the WD and Seagate HDDs. But, Reliability, i've always been told to go with Western Digital or Seagate, which review did you read?

I really wouldn't worry about what all these noobs say, Maxtor makes some quality HDDs, depending on the model you get, most will be fine. Your selection is fine. :)

All three of the people above me have signatures over the size limit and I suggest you change them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom