64bit... need windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
What I am asking is do you need windows 64bit to play games like farcry, ut2k4 in 64bit mode with patch?

lol, good mornin ladies!!

Well since I just got my new computer and got FarCry I downloaded the 64bit patch for it and it wont run on my computer with XP and an AMD 64 X2 so I think you must need a 64bit os also, like the other guys said. Kinda stupid I think. I dont see why windows needs to be 64 bit to run a 64 bit game.

Are u kidding how could you run a game thats 64 Bit if the Operating system isn't 64 Bit the OS couldn't handle the game cause its not 64 bIT!

The os you have is 32 Bit meaning it can only run processes that are 32 bit or 16 bit nothing higher thats why you need windows 64 edition.

charles_scott said:
And if you have windows xp pro x64 then you cant run anything that has 16bit parts.....

ROFL, more or less, yea. Thats sucks for us though, lol.

charles_scott said:
And if you have windows xp pro x64 then you cant run anything that has 16bit parts.....
Actually, I read that 16-bit support will be in the new version of Win64, but that it will eventually be phased out.

Tro1086 said:
Kinda stupid I think. I dont see why windows needs to be 64 bit to run a 64 bit game.

Think about that...Thats like saying well I dont undertand why that guy who only speaks korean doesnt understand english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom