7800GT power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
Rosewill 500W. Will go over $50 with shipping as shipping is pretty high on PSUs.

Rosewill isn't exactly known for their steller PSU's. But, hey whatever floats your boat.

I really get a kick out of so many people whom don't put much value into the purchase of a PSU. They think, oh as long as it's 400watts or more who cares what the cost is and what brand it is. "I don't need a $200 PSU!" Come on... That's crazy... Blah, Blah, Blah....

I disagree. I believe your PSU is one of the most important components for your PC. Sure you could slap anything compatible into a PC and it'll run. But, will it run well? And will it allow you some head room to overclock and expand & upgrade?

Think of it this way. Say I go out and Buy a new Dodge Viper and I bring it to the gas station to fill it up. Now just because I just spent $85,000 on the car, do you think i'm going to say, "Hey, i'm going to fill it up with the cheapest gas #87 octane - some blend of (2) cheaper fuels? HELL NO!!! I better spend the $$$ and fill that sucker up with 93 or 94 High octane. My point is - why go with a cheap power solution to power something that you're investing a good deal of money into? If the reason you purchased a car or a PC is for performance, then power it for performance.

LOL - Yeah I just upgraded to a 7800GTX, (2)GIG of RAM, (2) WD RAPTORS in RAID 0, AMD FX-57.... Oh and I picked up a (NAMELESS - $49 500w PSU) Yeee haaaaaaa

Well put Havoc! *gives havoc a cookie* He makes a good point, a high end system needs a high end psu......Your buying a high end card, don't get a $50 psu for it! It isn't right! Think about how your computer will feel......:(

wow just get the thermaltake 480 it comes with a converter to go from 4 pin to 6 do it its like 70$ thats the least i would do for a mid range to hight range system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom