Major issues - seeking serious help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
killians45 said:
is it rebooting or shuting off, does the computer remain powered on and the monitor just goes off??? Try this, rt click my computer, goto properties, advanced, startup and recovery, and where the system failure section is remove the check for automatically restart and see if you get an error on restart. Also, what kind of power supply (watts), you updated the MBD chipset, also disable advanced pwer mngmt in the bios. May want to check event viewer and see what errors popped up around the time this happens, if any show. Post them all here (event viewer AND and error msg after removing auto restart).

It's not rebooting. THe computer remains powered on ... for example, I can still hear my music and game playing in the backgroung, but I can't see anything going on. I have to manually reboot it.

How do I get to my event viewer?

Update: I've replaced my mobo and have just reformatted. I've installed SP2 and the latest drivers for all my hardware. I'll let you know if the problems comes up again. At this point, the only thing I havn't tested is my harddrive. If my mobo and harddrive don't fix anything, I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom