Long Continous Beep from PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKO

Beta member
Hi all! I got a problem with my PC(Not really mine) when I tried to boot it, there is a long continuous beeping sound. From what I know, in general long continous beeping sound meaning that there is some problem with the memory (RAM, Video card or motherboard) But which is which I am not being able to pinpoint it.

As I do not have other extra parts to switch around with it to test it out.

Its a P3, 16 mb of Video card and 64 mb ram. This is kinda old..which i dun personally think there is a need to fix it. But i am doing it our of goodwill for a friend. At first I thought it would be a case of just reinstalling and stuff like that.

I have tried to changed the RAM to other slots and check the video card. But still there beep sound continue.

I am not sure which problem it is Would anyone advise me on this??

Thanks

Are you getting anything to display to the screen? Have you tried taking the PC down to only processor, RAM and vid card to see if the beep continues?

If you just want the puter as a back up a P3 is a nice unit. If you want it for anything current, especially gaming, have a friend lanch it after crying pull and then pump a couple of AA winchester 12 ga rounds into it! you are, after all, Italian, right Rocko. Capice, Rocko? :)

bradybnmci said:
What Mobo do you have ?

I am not sure what MOBO its on?
I do not have the manual with me, I guess I have to open it and guess what MOBO it is.

MOBO is motherboard

You only have one mobo.

Download SiSoft Sandra to see what kind of mobo you have

Warez Monster said:
MOBO is motherboard

You only have one mobo.

Download SiSoft Sandra to see what kind of mobo you have

It cannot be booted. And I do not have other parts to change it around.

bradybnmci said:
You will need to take this to a shop :confused:

Thanks for all the advices:D

I took out the RAM and on the Mobo without the RAM and I put the RAM back and now it is working fine!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom