Daily Quiz: Troubleshooting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
UM? Is this the answer?

When Windows XP won’t powerdown automatically, the APM/NT Legacy Power Node may not be enabled. To enable this, right-click on the My Computer icon, click Properties | Hardware | Device Manager | View. Check the box labeled “Show Hidden Devices.” If it’s available on your computer, there will be a red X on the APM/NT Legacy Node. Try enabling it and see if this resolves the powerdown problem (Tip from Terri Stratton). Or, to check the other side of the APM/ACPI coin, open the Power Options applet in Control Panel. If there is an APM tab, make sure the “Enable Advanced Power Management Support” box is checked. (MSKB 313290)

i think it hasnt taken off because a) most people on here dont know the awnsers (quite a lot of novices, like me, arround). and b)its difficult to think up questions when you dont have experiance with these sort of things.

just a thought - Rich :)

p.s. i have no idea how ronald can have sound, sorry :p

Edit: i prefered it when it was timmy

yeah nitestick, i'm pretty disappointed too. There are a few people in this forum that it would have been nice if they would have participated too. They always talk a big game in other threads, but when it comes to intelligent learning... they are no were to be found. I won't say any names... but they know whom they are...

~It's just too bad...

PROBLEM
Timy wants to upgrade his computer a little bit. So, I runs to the store and buy a new ASUS K8V-X with a AMD Athlon 64Bit 3400+. He removes his old motherboard and place his new motherboard and CPU without one problem. He starts up the computer, and then it powered up and the video came on! But, when it came to Windows loading screen, after 2 or 3 seconds, it reboots by it self, and it always do that.

Q: What sould he do to fix is Windows back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom