Daily Quiz: Troubleshooting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
Timmy caught frogs. his friend Leroy also caught frogs
does Timmy like cheese?

nah seriously:
what colour wires would one need to connect a device to if they wanted 12V from the PSU

whats that go to do with the answer to timmys problem?

does it have to have something to do with timmy's problems?

if you want it to be a "timmy" problem, then
Timmy wants to connect a set of lights to his PSU. he needs 12V to do it. what wires would Timmy have to use?

oh sorry, i did'nt know that was a new question.. i thought we were still looking for answers to the bios password problem.

Anyone who participates or has participated by Posting a question, please try to "format" the (Problem Post) with PROBLEM

This way everyone can identify a new problem.

another two solution to the BIOS problem. look up a set of "master" codes for the manufacturer. on some laptops (i think its toshibas) the setup password can be bypassed by holding ctrl.

new question

problem: patricks computer, which has an ATX motherboard and psu behaves strangely with windows xp. it will not turn off using soft-off and instead comes to the screen intended for AT computers "it is now safe to turn off your computer". he has verified that it is neither the motherboard nor the psu with a linux live-cd which could still use soft-off.

question: what setting in windows xp should patrick ensure is turned on?

ANSWER: ??? M ay-be

Hibernate mode writes an image of what you're currently working on to a special file on your hard drive, and then shuts your computer almost completely off. It takes a bit longer than Standby, since it needs to write to your hard drive. Hibernate also takes a bit longer to resume, since you must go through essentially the normal boot process, although in Windows XP your computer wakes faster from Hibernate than in previous versions of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom