good/bad build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Solid State Member
ok, im kinda knew to the whole building your own PC.
I was wondering if i would have any problems with this computer, ive wanted to build a computer for under $1000 dollars, so here it is. (all of these items can be found at newegg.com)

Antec PERFORMANCE TX640B Computer Case 400W Power Supply

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe or ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (going for deluxe if otherwise directed)

eVGA Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (OC'ed to 2.0 or 2.2)

OCZ Gold Series 1GB DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel

Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan

thanks for reading, please leave some feedback.

looks good. cept go with sata150 hdd. a DFI board. not asus or even MSI and that sit

I personaly prefer the asus, if you dont mind me asking, why, in your opinion, shoul di go with DFI?

They have buggy bios and tend to spit processors away is what I've heard. They're not stable, but if you get 'em to work, they're golden just like the rest.

Ryan

is that a no name PSu that comes with case if so, don't use it and go with a separate one, enermax, ocz, antec, forton source and PC power and cooling are good name brands.

no its not noname, if its an antec case its most likely an antec PSU. and Antec has some pretty nice PSUs.

and btw you guys forgot that the LanParty is good for OCing.

i know about the usual bad psu that come with the cases, this particular one is not so, it is a quality psu from antec, and has been tested and proven itself time and time again. thanks for the feedback though, i was still wondering about the motherboard choice>?

Go with an EPoX motherboard. I have one and it works great. Check out this article from Anandtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465

NOTE: all this stuff is for the non-SLI versions of the boards.

EPoX and DFI both got the Editor's Choice award. Also, according to the graphs, EPoX isn't behind the DFI by much as far as overclocking and gaming performance goes. The EPoX even beats the DFI in using the stock multiplier for overclocking. DFI beats EPoX with their onboard audio, but who the hell cares about onboard audio, right? :) The EPoX is also about $25 cheaper on Newegg.

I haven't done much researching on the SLI versions of these boards, but I just browsed threw some reviews on Newegg, and they seem to be just as good. The EPoX 9NPA+ SLI board is still about $25 cheaper than the cheapest DFI SLI board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom