Building PC...Need Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuelJ

Solid State Member
Hi, first post here. I'm planning on building my first PC (mostly for gaming)perhaps by the end of the month, as soon as I save enough $$. These are the components I chose:

Mobo: ASUS ASUS A8N-E Socket 939
CPU: AMD ATHLON 64 3200+
Video Card: ASUS Nvidia GEFORCE 6600 256MB or 6600GT 128MB PCI EXPRESS
Memory: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB)
HD: Samsung 120GB 7200RPM SpinPoint 8MB SATA HARD DRIVE Model SP1213C
Optical Drive: SAMSUNG Black IDE DVD Burner TS-H552U/BEBN BLK

As for the case and PSU I'm still undecided. How much power would be appropiate for this system?

I've spotted some pretty nice deals on ebay and dont want to miss them. Should I start buying components now or should I wait till I have sufficient cash and buy everything at once?

I'll appreciate you answers!

At least 400 watts is necessary. 450 would more than likely do the trick, and 500 would be completely comfortable w/out a doubt.

Really though, if you wanted to cut it close, a 350 would be bare minimum. I'd go with a 450.

I'd buy it all at once! I like getting everything in one neat little box. As far as your mobo goes, I hear those are kinda buggy, but I'll let the experts decide that.

Ryan

A DFI board? Not that familiar with them. The reason I chose Asus was because of their reputation. Why do you think DFI would be better choice? Recommend a model.

Well, I would buy all componets at the same time but stores like Tiger Direct and Newegg, charge a great amount of money for delivery to Puerto Rico.

2 more questions that I got,

About case fans: how many should I get?

About the Athlon 64 3200+: what's the diffrence between the Venice and Winchester core?

Enermax and Antec are both good brands so its really how much you want to spend, I would go with at least 3 case fans, 2 in 1 out.

Winchester is an older core, the venice is newer other then that i don't know the difference.

DFI, MSI and gigabytes are all good for AMD's, ASUS do better with intels, I smell conspiracy.

Ste said:
DFI, MSI and gigabytes are all good for AMD's, ASUS do better with intels, I smell conspiracy.

lol!!

I'm looking at the DFI nF4 Ultra-Infinity, looks pretty cool.

Could it outperform an asus a8n-e?

not the infinity, he means DFI lanparty series

DFI nF4 ultra-D
DFI nF4 Sli-DR

The DFI Lanparty series are solid boards. Will you be overclocking? If not, maybe look at Gigabyte. They're great, but not the custom builder's board.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom