Kazaa behind college firewall-help

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_darknes

In Runtime
It used to work but now it is not connecting- it just sits there. I tried changing super nodes but that didnt work eaither it just says connecting... HELP!

What campus are you at? I'm at University of California, Irvine and here all P2P apps are limited to 1/60 if the total bandwith for the entire campus. So if there are even a moderate number of people trying to connect, speeds slow to a crawl. Since P2P apps take a lot of bandwith, you campus probably limited it or just cut it off completely.

Have you tried any other P2P sharing besides Kazaa?
If it is due to the campus topology, then there is little that you can do....

-Mike

Most likely it is based on the campus blocking you.

One time my sister got kicked off the community college internet because the proxy "caught" her at www.playboy.com. It was all some stupid banner crap, but the community college still locked her out.

u prolly need to forward ports, or find a better or more discreet program, like ftp's (private FTP's are best)

damn. It worked before christmas. Im gonna have to pull a mission impossible and make my way to one of thier firewalls huh?

DC++ is a better option- but only if yopu dont want people spying on you and taking your data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom