PSU dead? Please check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
WTH is up w/ my PSU?!

My PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104986

I had it for about a month or 2, worked fine, until I went to turn on my PC today. I got one short blink of the LED's, the fans went on for a split second, and then nothing. I fiddled around the inside of the PC, (reseating the battery, etc) and nothing has gotten it to work.

I assume it's a dead PSU, but I don't know how! No storms or anything. One weird thing I noticed is last night when I shut down Windows, usually when the PC is "off" there are still some little lights int he back which won't go off unless you switch off the PSU power, and I didn't switch off PSU power and the lights were off anyway....I didn't think much about it last night until now.

So it seems as if it's dead, eh? I am going to RMA it and eventually buy a better PSU, but I am short of money. I am also pissed b/c even though it is a cheap PSU, it FSP gets great reviews from THG/newegg.

SPECS:(don't know why it'd matter)
AMD XP 2000+
1gb PC3200 RAM (corsair value)
ATI 9600se
120gb HDD
1 CD/DVD player.
MSI KT4V MS-6712 mobo

you could also detach the PSU and trying turining it on without it being connected to anything I forgot which pins you touch together with a paper clip to do it, maybe someone will know.

Yeah, I've done that before on another PSU....honestly though it wouldn't help me b/c the PSU obviously doesn't work... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom