Ah... I need help with my power supply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackecho

Baseband Member
Ok, the computer I am getting has a power supply of 350 watts. Here is the stats-

-Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz (800FSB) CPU w/ Hyper-Threading
-CPU Fan: P4 Heavy Duty Cooling Fan With Heat Sink
-Motherboard: ASUS P4S800 800FSB
-Memory: not included (supports up to 3GB DDR400)
-AGP: 8xAGP slot
-PSI: 5 PCI slots
-USB: 6 USB 2.0 ports (4 on a back and 2 on a front)
-Sound: AC 97 6 channel 5.1 digital sound (onboard)
-Network: 10/100/ RJ45 network card (Ethernet, cable or DSL)
-Ports: 1 serial, 1 parallel, 1 microphone jack
-Case: Black Neon Mid Tower 350w power supply (front USB)
-Case Bays: 4 external 5.25", 1 external 3.5" , 6 internal 3.5"
-Cooling Fan: 80mm case fan with neon light
-1 x extra 80mm LED case fan in side window included
-ATX 350W POWER SUPPLY

I also have a 120gb hard drive, a cd-rw, a dvd-rom, a floppy disk drive and an ati 9800se video card (which has two power plugins for some reason?). Anway, I'm worried that the 350 watt power supply won't be able to handle it, any ideas as to if it might be able too? If not what wattage would you suggest? I don't know much about voltage and things so please make it in a way that I (moron of the week) can understand. Thanks so much

I pretty much had the same problem. 350w may just not be enough (considering u are adding a Radeon 9800). It may run, but I doubt it will last. What you need to do is buy a 400w. You will have no problems with it at all. I bought the Sparkle 400w for $70 CDN, and it is all the power that I need. It is not too expensive, and it is damn good quality. Good luck!

Yeah, you may run into problems. 350W can be enough if it's a good quality PSU. If it isn't too expensive you might want to look at a 400W, just to be safe. I'm runnig a P42.8, 120 GB SATA HD, 9700 pro AIW, 1024 Ram, and a DVD burner with a 200 W PSU and I'm not having any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom