What is safe A64 CPU Temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a strange glitch. memory will always hit higher speeds 1:1

srry can't give any more useful info but if u check XS or ram reviews who oc then it will always say that the max oc was done with 1:1 cos that is the way that u get higher speeds

I originally had my two sticks in slot 1 and 2 but it gave me a message that i had to not have it like that or it would only use 1 stick. so i moved them to slots 2 and 4 i think.

"pff. man my friend has that same processor it runs at 26.8 C"
Do you think I have something set up wrong? Do u have any suggestions? Thanks

Are you still running the stock BIOS? Cause I was running the original one and I had all kinds of trouble similar to yours witht the memory dividers. So if you flash your BIOS that might fix your problems.
Yeah, I think I have my RAM in slots 1&3.

Thanx for the info all. I will switch my ram to slots 1 and 3 this evening when I get home from work.

Thanks for the info, I do still have a question tho. I am using the stock BIOS and know nothing about how to flash it. Any advice? Will I lose anything by doing that?

I have my operating system and all my programs and stuff installed so I really don't want to lose anything. Everything is functioning fairly well with me running at about 2.65 GHZ at 240htt and a 1:1 ratio with a max temp at load of around 50 C. I would like to improve on my cpu speed and use a small divider but if it would mean getting too hot or losing the stuff I have installed I wouldn't want to. So give me your oppinions, can I get more out of my system? I want to squeeze every bit of power out of this biznitch as possible.

Here is my BIOS info:

BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Award
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message
System BIOS Date 03/10/05
Video BIOS Date 05/12/05

BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm
BIOS Upgrades http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?refererid=40

I thought that it would be a good working version since it seems that I have no problems other than the divider thing and I just bought the MOBO so it should have a fairly recent version I thought.

Any suggestions as to what BIOS I should flash to? I looked at the DFI website BIOS section and there are a bunch to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom