250GB HD showing up as 127GB!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryOGG

In Runtime
this summer i built myself a new computer. i was having sum trouble getting windows installed and thought it might be 1 of the HD's so i unhooked it. once i got it going i kind of forgot about the 250GB HD until just recently. i hooked it up and formatted it but it only showed up as a 127GB HD when it's supposed to be 250GB. this is very puzzling because on the post screen it clearly reads that it's a 250GB HD.

can someone please tell me what i hav to do to get it working correctly because i'd really like to move my music off of my dad's comp. btw, my system specs are in the sig

What kind of hard drive do you have? I don't see the sig on the screen so if its there i just can't see it. Also what operating system are you running??

im currently running on a 36GB WD Raptor and the HD that's giving me the problem is a WD Cavier 250GB 16mb cache. im running windows xp pro w/ SP2.

If you have SP2 it should read 250GB. Go to start>run>diskmgmt.msc and see if there is any unallocated space.

whoops didn't see your other post..is the 250 empty or is windows installed on it. If nothings on it just reformat it again.

You might have to manually input the correct CHS (cylinders, heads, sectors) information in BIOS. That information should be on the label on the front side of the HDD, or otherwise check any documentation that came with the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom