How lame is this RAM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
lameram5bk.jpg

I was just wondering about 'how lame it is', forgot to add the ?, pff, foolish me :p

I was asking as i wish to upgrade soon and want to see whether it will be really worth the £££.

apokalipse said:
maybe you can overclock it to PC3200 speeds
all Athlon 64's have the ability to lower their multiplier, if the core doesn't want o go higher

Change the CAS latency to 3 and try 3-3-3-7 at PC3200 speeds

Diabetic said:
I just hope that the person that you purchased it from was not tell you that is PC3200.

I got some PC2100 in one of the workstations at work.

What motherboard are you using. Some older motherboard will take the PC3200, however it will only treat is as PC2700 (or lower) depending the age of the motherboard.

Apart from that, I got a lot of repect for the Spec-Tech ram. I used them all the time in my PCs. Have not had a module come back.

yep, my mobo does support PC3200, but on RAM overclocking, how risky is it? (could someone gimme a link to a RAM oc-ing guide)

And just how much performance would i gain from overclocking PC2700 RAM, when compared to just buying new PC3200 RAM.

i dont think you will notice a enourmous difference if you chage the CAS latentincy to 3, making it 3-3-3-7.
If you where to OC to this though, its not that risky to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom