a good problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeglim

Beta member
Hi I have a problem, a good problem! ItÂ’s my birthday and my girl friend has bought me new graphics card the ATIRadeon X850XT PE (AGP) problem is my pc is crap. Its two years old and I got it from a high street store its one of those integrated jobs. its got a P4 2.4GHz cant make out what the mother board is, its got a 250w PSU. I have put another stick of 512 ram in it to bring it up to a 1GHz. IÂ’m going to have to build a new pc around this card, My question is what bits will I need to even get close to pushing the limits of this card? Or would it make more sense to sell it and get a cheaper card and then spread the cost on building the new machine, as I canÂ’t spend fortunes at the moment.

Thanks any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IÂ’ve tried to change the PSU but the one I got donÂ’t work, after looking into it, I found out that only the branded e machines psuÂ’s work with this mother board. So IÂ’m going to have to change the mother board anyway, I was wondering what chip I would need to try and push this card?

Well to push the card, you'll probably need a $150-$200 chip.

As for replacing the motherboard, If you're overclocking to go with the DFI series hands down. However if you're not, the a MSI or Gigabyte motherboard will serve well.

The DFI motherboard is $119 but the others go as low as $70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom