Daily Quiz: Troubleshooting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major got it right, he forgot to connect the 4pin 12V power to the motherboard. I did this and my computer turned on for about 1 second then just turned off.. the fans did'nt even have time to reach full RPM...

apokalipse said:
I've worked on a computer that didn't have the 4 pin power connector in, and it did stay on, it just wouldn't do anything.

Mine did the same. And the fan would ocasionnally stop spinning. But motherboards are different, some will probably shut down.
Somebody else may post a Q.

PROBLEM:

Timmy's brother Peter just bought a laptop from his friend Leroy. Peter tries to Boot the Laptop to the currently installed Operating System but a screen pops up asking him to enter a BIOS password. Peter has no knowledge of what the password is and he can't contact his friend leroy because he's gone off to the military.

Question:
What are at least two things that Peter can do to by-pass the BIOS password and enable him to boot to the Operating System?

i don't know about a laptop.. but if they dont have a battery on the motherboard, just take out the power pack and battery.

Flash the BIOS? dose flashing the bios remove the password?

Timmy caught frogs. his friend Leroy also caught frogs
does Timmy like cheese?

nah seriously:
what colour wires would one need to connect a device to if they wanted 12V from the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom