Daily Quiz: Troubleshooting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ ur on the right track, he could by an RPM controller which is basically a resistor u connect to the fan power. :)

ok seeing as noone has stepped up i'll write yet another question *sighs* who am i kidding i love it :)

problem: timmy has a strange motherboard. it has an AT power connector and an ATX power connector however the motherboard is actually in the form of an AT motherboard therefore is in an AT case. he wants to use an ATX psu but can not mount the power switch. he does not want to have the switch hanging off of a cable.

question: using what feature of an AT case could he solve this problem and how?

HINT: this has a rather unorthodox solution for all you lateral thinkers ou there.

throw out the AT case....get new computer. :)
so the motherboard has both AT and ATX input??

what sort of information? if you mean the motherboard: it is basically an ATX motherboard (feature wise) except it has an AT power connector in addition to the ATX, and is in AT form. it has pins for ATX power switch of course. as the motherboard comes in the same dimensions as an AT motherboard it has been put in an AT case using the AT power connector with an AT psu. how can timmy install an ATX psu (of course it will have the same dimensions as an AT psu so that bit is easy) but more importantly have a switch for the power with out damaging the case or having the ATX switch just hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom