chooka

Baseband Member
So heres the deal,
i built a computer yesterday specs are

CPU - Pentium 4 S775-630 3.0Ghz 2M Cache EM64T
MOBO -http://www.cws.net.au/gigabyte/ga8s648fx775.htm
HDD - 120G Seagate 7200 ATA 100
OPTICAL - LG DVD Burner

I built the thing completly, put the Windows XP cd in......10 or 15 secs later the computer turns itself off? I have tried numerous times but it gets as far as the first Blue screen and thats it. Even if i try to enter BIOS, i can stay in there for about 15secs and then it will turn off?

I have never come across anything quite like it before? Can someone please help me...stressing out..
:angry:

you computer might be overheading, did u apply thermal paste under the CPU?

quickly go into bios and check ur CPU temps... if u can do it fast enought

Ok i was able to see the temp of the CPU....it was on like 96 deg! The Pentium 4's have a paste on the heat sink that is already applied. I tried re postioning the fan and heatsink, didnt work. I went into the BIOS and watched the deg go up.....started at 66deg and shut down after 15 secs when it hit 100deg....

Yeh i know it seems high?? As i was saying i have built many PC's with P4's and had no overheating problems??? Is the reading in Degrees Celcius or??

Ok then, dont you think it seems odd that it gained 35deg in like 15 secs?? Could it be the mobo reading it wrong...therefore shutting the system down??

i just phoned my dealer, and told him of the problem he said f**K!! thats high!. I sent the motherboard and CPU express post back to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom