3 Cards - What are they for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnap1957

Baseband Member
I acquired two Dell PC which were previously networked. I installed new OS on one (Windows XP w/Service Pack 2). It is up and running okay. I connected the 2nd Dell and it rang out a series of beeps. The 2 are exactly the same with one exception, I noticed 3 cards are missing from the one not running yet. I took the 3 out of the one, put them in the other and it works fine. Installed the new OS and it is okay. My problem is I don't know what these 3 cards are. I have written down the #s off of them. How do I find out what they are and/or what they are for?

I also acquired 4 IBM's with the same situation. Have to install new OS as they were previously networked and I can't get past the cntl-alt-del and password prompt. I've not worked on a IBM before so any info is appreciated.

I just ran the report from the Everest application and found that these cards are:
1. [ DIMM1: Goldstar GMM2649233CTG-7J ]
2. [ DIMM2: Micron Tech. 8LSDT864AG-10CB4 ]
3. [ DIMM3: Hitachi HB52E88EM-B6 ]

So I assume these are RAM? Are these cards interchangeble? Can I take the cards from the IBM's and replace those missing from the Dell?

On the report I got from Everest it shows: Module Voltage LVTTL. Is this what I'm looking for? If so, what does this mean to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom