Nvidia mx 440

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is mx MX 440-8X going to blow away 9200 if they both have same core speeds, but the 9200 has better effective speed.

and from my personal experiance geforce drivers suck only 1 out of 3 works. you allways have to go with the oldest one.

The GeForce4 MX 440-8x has a core of 275 MHz vs. 250 MHz on the Radeon 9200 (non-pro); the 9200 Pro will generally yield higher performance. Most MX 440-8x cards also have the memory clocked slightly higher, at 513 (though it is NVIDIA's reference specs), giving a 0.5-1.5 fps boost in some games. Plus, the layout of texturing pipelines and mapping units is identical in both chips (2x2 for the GeForce4 MX and 4x1 for the Radeon 9200). It is that the higher core speed of the GeForce4 MX 440 8x gives it a theoretical fill rate advantage (and it could also apply to higher resolutions, where the performance is limited by fill rate), which can give it slightly higher performance at lower resolutions, but at 1024×768 and above, the Radeon 9200 can outperform it 99% of the time, due to a more efficient chip architecture (e.g. the crossbar memory controllers, where there are 4 present on the 9200 while only 2 on the MX).

Recommended drivers: (from personal experience)

GeForce FX cards - latest available
GeForce4 Ti cards - 41.09 (LOD Bias problem can be fixed with Riva Tuner)
GeForce3 cards - 30.82 or 31.xx
GeForce4 MX, GeForce2 and older - 29.42 or 30.82

I will be playing games like splinter cell and halo at about 1024 by 768 or the one after that. I just want my graphics to be smooth and fast, because I am tired of slow and laggy graphics. So is the ati pro a better choice?

... oh, I just took a look on other video cards, so this is what they have:

8x eVGA GeForce FX 520 128Mb DDR TV-Out... -> for only 6 bucks more than the mx 440 128
they also have this card but it sais apollo or MSI instead of eVGA (same price)

ATI RADEON 9200 128MB DDR Dual Head/tv/DVI OEM... for 15 bucks more than the FX (I don't know if this ati is pro or not, it doesn't say)

They are all affordable for games, so which one is better for me?
-> like you know, fast graphics and clear, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom