Baseband Member
1.Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 FX55 (Socket 939) inc Fan
Or
Athlon64 X2 4400

2.Motherboard:
GigaByte GA-K8N PRO nForce SLI

3.RAM:
2gb Corsairs DDR533 (COMPATIBLE with MOTHERBOARD?)

4.Graphics Card:
- Asus 256mb nVidia EN7800 GT (IS THIS GOOD & COMPATIBLE with MOTHERBOARD)
or
- GEFORCE 7800GTX (IS THIS GOOD & COMPATIBLE with MOTHERBOARD)

5.HDD:
160gb Maxtor DM +9 S-ATA 7200rpm (IS THIS GOOD & IS THE CAPACITY GOOD ENOUGH)

6.Sound Card:
Creative Audigy2 ZS 7.1 (SHOULD I GET THE ‘Audigy4’?)
+
Creative labs inspire 7.1 T7900 speakers and subwoofer

7.Case:
Thermaltake VA8000BWS Armour Case

8.Monitor
VX924 19” LCD BLACK 1280 x 1024 resolution (4ms Response Time)
(IS THIS OK FOR MY GRAPHICS CARD)

9.CD/DVD DRIVES
I wanted two separate optical drives, is this better than a combo drive?? And which ones are good. IÂ’m not to sure how this works out. I wanted it so you can put a dvd/cd in and a blank disc in the other drive and copy straight away, from one to the other. Can you please recommend a make and model? Thanks.

10.Power Unit
I am not sure about power units, can some one please find a good, and compatible power unit for my motherboard e.t.c. please.

11.Cooling System
I do not have a clue about a cooling system, can some one please find a cooling system for my system please.

Thank you so much for looking at my spec.
PLEASE let me know if something is incorrect or is a bad choice, or if something it not compatible, or if im missing something important.

Because as soon as I have the OK from you guys im going to buy everything. Please if you have time look at the hardware on some websites to check compatibility.

Thanks so much.

I just have 1 comment. If you are going to be using this for games, go for the FX-55. If not, get the Dual core CPU.

The X2 handles games very nicely, just not as good as the FX

Its not mainly for games, maybe counterstrike here and there, but mainly general stuff.

Here is what i wold choose if i were you.....

1.Processor:Athlon64 X2 4400

2.Motherboard:A8N32-SLI Deluxe

3.RAM:OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 [2GB] (4 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit

4.Graphics Card: ASUS Extreme N7800GTX TOP/2DHTV

5.HDD:HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 0A31636 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

6.Sound Card:I am not a big fan of sound cards, i use the on-board sound on my ASUS moob. But i would prolly get this...Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition
+
Creative GigaWorks S750 700 Watts 7.1

7.Case:Thermaltake VA8000BWS Armour Case

8.Monitor
VX924 19” LCD BLACK 1280 x 1024 resolution (4ms Response Time)
(that screen seems to be a good pick)

9.CD/DVD DRIVES: ever heard "two is better than one"? I agree with that. I would go with two of the SONY 16X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW, Model DRU800A

10.Power Unit: Antec TrueControl II 550 (SLi ready)

11.Cooling System: i am not an expert here at all! sorry :\

The X2 4400+ is around 300 dollars cheaper. It's not as fast at games, but it's amazing with multithreaded appz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom