Dvd Shrink/Nero Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
I just swapped out my cd drive and installed an old dvd rom drive. My goal here was to back up a dvd directly from my dvd rom to my dvd burner......without having to store it to a temp folder first, which is what i used to do. Can this be done? Dvd shrink doesnt seem to give me an option.....thanks

Edit: Well it saves me now from having to do it in a 2 stage process which is a pain, so I guess im good to go....

I dont reckon that you would be able to. Reason is: DVDShrink takes time to process and, well, shrink the movie. Therefore, DVDShrink wouldnt be able to keep up with the burning as well as shrink the movie.

with dvd shrink and nero you can burn it straight to disc after it is copied to the hard drive

thanks for the replies....yeah before i would have to swap the movie out and put in a blank, whereas now i can walk away and come back a 1/2 hour later and its all done. yeah it has to go to the hard drive first, right...thanks guys.

yes. it has to put the encoded and unencrypted files somewhere.
if the dvd is 4.7 or less and unencrypted you can do a straight disc copy in nero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom