XFX 6600gt beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I think its 13a +12v 420w, I know very little about psu's)
13a on the +12v is WAY too low dude...the CPU probably takes up most of that...generally you only want your system using up 75% of what your rails can handle so that'd be like what...11a or something like that and even though you don't have that many peripherals or anything your system is definitely using that up.

You really should look into a stronger PSU, and at the very least if you can get ahold of stronger PSU from a friend then you could atleast test it before you buy, but yeah 13a is just way too weak considering the system you're running being AMD64 and a fairly powerful newer card and all

Oh, thanks a lot for the input. I know hardly anything at all about PSU's, so I didn't realize just how bad it was. Sucks I gotta shell out more for a new one, but I guess they aren't all that much. But, would having too little power cause my computer to beep on startup? Is that a common thing? And also, do you think it would be unsafe to leave the card in there if its not getting enough juice, I mean would it cause any damage, or just not run to its full potential? Finally, do you have any opinions on good PSU's, and exactly what to look for in one?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm pretty sure I will be getting a new PSU, but do you think it will realistically solve my problem with the beeping? And could it improve fps in games? And also, do you think it would be unsafe to leave the new card in there if its not getting enough juice, I mean would it cause any damage, or just not run to its full potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom