Daily Quiz: Troubleshooting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timmys problem is that he owns a Dell Latitude and a Dell Dimension 4100.

LOL - j/k...

I would say, "If timmy made all these upgrades." i'm assuming those upgrades were hardware upgrades? If yes, then I would suggest timmy to take a look at his power supply, it may not be adaquetly powering his upgraded PC. Since timmy is so "on-top" of Adware, spyware and viruses and has Hardware and Software firewalls, the only thing left to consider is possibly a corrupt windows file or may-be a corrupt boot sector of his hard drive?

Timmy sure does have alot of problems... lol

u were close enough with the corrupt boot sector of the hard drive since it could be considered a dying hard drive, so yea, thats it

I'm going to let someone else jump in here. I'm going to go play some DOD:S

Hopefully more people come to this thread and participate. The more problems and solutions the better. Hopefully, everyone can learn something. I know there's a lot i need to learn...

Have fun, be back later...

this thread really is very usefull for me i only come on here to learn (i have a couple of old sytems and parts i can practice on).

i would appritiate if people kept this thread going i tried to think of a worthy question but failed :S i simply dont know enough yet.

ok seeing as noone is jumping in to write a new question i'll write one. it will have to be answered fairly quick whether i give it away or not because it is really late where i am.

Problem: Timmy was planning on reinstalling winxp pro. he did a little net research and found some 3rd party format software. he formatted to ntfs and then proceeded to install winxp when he found it was an upgrade version. he had an old copy of win98se lying around so he decided to install 98se to be upgraded but to no avail.

question: why can't timmy install 98se?

this is pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom