Computer Keeps shutting down?? Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooka

Baseband Member
I have recently bought parts for a new computer. I put everthing together normally as i would, and when i try to install the operating system the computer just shuts down? It will boot up normally and run all the necessary tests then beeps a few times and turns off? If anyone has any ideas plz tell me!!

If it helps its a P4 3ghz cpu, mobo is gigabyte, 512 generic ram 120g seagate hdd, LG dvd burner......I have never come across anything like it? Could it be dodgey hardware??

wow i have the same problem man. and im stumped and pissed cause i just spent 130$ on what i thaught it was. damnit!
mine just shuts off in the bios. how bout urs?

" then beeps a few times and turns off?"

How many times exactly does it beep ?
And what mobo exactly do you have... I know its a gigabyte ( so don't scream GIGABYTE ! )

How far along the bootup process does it get...
Is it always at the same spot when it shuts down on you ?

If its heat :
open your case and put a house fan pointing towards the inside to temporarily cool it down and see if you can get further.

Check the HS/Fan to make sure they are properly sat.

You definitely have a significant hardware conflict there dude. Run a minimal startup with only the video card, ram and hd connected and see if you can log into the bios. If not, one of those is the culprit. If you can boot in then start adding stuff until it foobars. then the last hardware componenet added is a candidate becoming a frisbee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom