Daily Quiz: Troubleshooting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
PLEASE READ: Anyone who participates or has participated by Posting a question, please try to "format" the (Problem Post) with PROBLEM

This way everyone can identify a new problem.

I thought this might be fun and may-be someone can learn something! LOL - Let's see how much all of you forumers know.

PROBLEM 1:

Tim decides that he'd like to upgrade his old IDE CD Burner to a new IDE CD/DVD Burner / Multidrive. He buys the drive he wants and begins the installation. Tim removes the old CD Burner and mounts the new one underneath his other drive an IDE DVD-ROM drive. He connects the molex connector to the new drive as well as the IDE cable.

Tim crosses his fingers and powers on his PC and boots to his operating system. He navigates to explorer "MY COMPUTER" only to find that "Neither" his DVD-ROM drive or is New Burner are recognized. Wondering what he did wrong, tim shuts down his PC and opens it back up to take a look.

Q: What did tim do wrong and how can he fix this problem?

Come on this is an easy one.....

Timmy boy forgot to adjust the jumper settings correctly on the new drive and this thew both drives offline.

Win2kpatcher said:
This is fun then whoever gets the answer right has to start a new question!lol.

Ding Ding Ding... Right. That was too easy... But I wanted to get this started. SO please, it's your turn. Try to format it similar to mine and hopefully everyone will follow suit.

Win2kpatcher: please post PROBELM 2:

Problem 2

Timmy has just purchased a brand new IDE hard drive. In his system he currently has one Primary Master IDE hard drive, one Primary Slave hard drive, One Seconday master DVD-RW drive, and One Secondary slave CD-RW drive. Timmy has enough molex connectors from his power supply to power it.

Question
Why can't timmy use his new hard drive? and what should he do?

oh I see, because he already has the maximum number of IDE drives filled.
he will need a PCI IDE controller, or if his board supports SATA, an IDE to SATA converter will also work

damn you apokalipse :(. answer A: that would of course be the correct answer. limit of 4 ide drives. he could also use a RAID controller. answer B: he could even use an external hdd case. answer C: timmy doesn't know enough about computers to be messing around with them. no offence apokalipse, i know you probably know alot more about computers than i do, you simply missed a piece of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom