Ultimate gamimg PC... spec suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i havent seen 1 shop that sells eVGA in AUS and the Min price ive seen 6800GTs is about $500

what do u mean by $250 or so? thats way off....

Oh dammit... no they dont!!

Even if that's so, there HAS to be some eVGA dealer somewhere in Australia... and even if there isn't can't I just go for Leadtek or some other brand?

Ultimate Gaming PC:

DFI Lanparty SLi-DR
AMD Athlon FX 57 Toledo
two eVGA GeForce 7800GTXs
2GB OCZ Platnium Revision RAM
Two WD Raptor 74GB 10kRPM RAID 0
Three Seagate 250GB 7200RPM RAID 0
Water Cooling
Thermaltake Shark Series
Dell 24" Widescreen monitor
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi

there you go that's a nice 4000 dollar PC

bigtrain i think your friend needs a brain, its not a motherboard issue its a CPU issue since the CPU has the memory controller built in and can only use what the CPU was designed for which is normal DDR

Well I'll be getting normal DDR anyway so thats not a problem... but in the meantime iIm gonna tell him to pull out the DDR2 and prove to me that it worked lol

i dont understand how he even got the DDR2 chips to fit, DDR2 memory has like 260 pins and DDR has like 180

Would this be a good gaming system for me, baring in mind I only have a budget of about £650/$1200?

3.2Ghz Pentium 4 HT LGA775
1GB DDR PC3200 DANELEC
80GB HITACHI 7200ERPM 2MB CACHE
PCI-EXPRESS MOBO - NOT SURE OF MODEL, will check
17'' TFT MONITOR
SAPPHIRE RX600 PRO 256MB
KEYBOARD + MOUSE + SPEAKERS
ZORRO BLACK ICE CASE 400W SILENT PSU

£601

OR

AMD ATHLON 64 3700+ SANDIEGO CORE SKT 939
MSI K8 NEO 4F PCI-EXPRESS MOBO

£645

WITH SAME AS ABOVE

PLEASE ANSWER

Thanks Danm90

second one.. with the 3700+, but i dont know about the x600, if its anything like the 9600 it wont be able to play some of the games out atm with decent settings.

oh yeah and get a Seagate or Western Digital Hard drive with 8MB cache, those are the 2 best brands for HDs, also try get one with NCQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom