problem with dfi lanparty sli-dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusNukeage

In Runtime
I just put together a new comp with a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR mobo and a AMD Athlon 64 3500+. once i had the computer mostly put together (e.g. floppy, cd drive, hard drive, ram, processor, PS) and i realized that there is NO WAY TO CONNECT A MONITOR to the board. so, i just slipped in my evga geforce 7800gt and attached my LCD monitor to that, with an adapter. but when I powered up the sysetm all the fans and everything went on, but there was no activity on the monitor. and the cd drive wouldnt open when i pushed the button. and the "diagnostic LEDs" all went on and stayed on, indicating that the system was still at the earliest start up phase and hadnt recognised the prossesor, RAM, or VGA. Help! I cant get my new comp to work

i think i have an idea! the aspire 600w powersupply dosent have a 4 pin 12v connector for the motherboard! could that be the problem?

another thing to check. had the same problem with a friends. switch your ram to the other dimms. doesn't make sense but it worked on my buddies.

i was able to fix the problem and now the system goes to the CMOS with out incident.

however now the comp dosent recognise the OEM 200gb sata maxtor hard drive. i have the sata cable connected to the drive and motherboard and i have the powercable connected from the PS to the Hard drive. any ideas?

uhh.. u need to laod sata drivers (ur trying to isntall windows?) when it asks, press f6 to install 3rd party drivers. THen itl ask to insert a floppy that has the drivers, select the right ones, then proceed.

my comp gets to the cmos and when i put in the windows xp disk it reads it and starts the install but the install stops because it dosent detect any hard drives, and when i try to use the cmos to set it up, the cmos cant detect the hard drive either. what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom