PSU / Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hey, I have a wee situation.

The thing is,a few days ago i learned that a 6800GT here in the UK is the same price as a 7800GT there in the US.

I also have a psu, only 380W, tagan (good make in britain), but I could get the 535W enermax whisper for that price ~ its crazy.

I bought my pc components from overclockers.co.uk about 2 months ago, the thing is, like I said, UK prices are crazy.

(This company is pretty much the biggest in UK)

I know this sounds funny, nasty, but here it goes.

I want to see if i could return my graphics card and psu, and say they are faulty. Hopefully, I will recieve a full refund, and then I could buy the 7800GT from Tigerdirect (the only place I have seen that ship to UK from the US) and also the psu.

The thing is, this company is quite stingy, and if you would, strict with this stuff.

If you could, do you think you could give me a few reasons of why a psu and gfx card would get messed up together?

I am going to try to phone them tomorrow, so I need a good reason.

Heck, if I can make my pc better, by getting a 535W enermax whisper, and the 7800GT, for the SAME price as I bought my 6800GT and 380W psu for (which hasnt dropped since 2 months when I bought), Ill do it.

Anyway, long post, very sorry.

Cheers If you can help.

ps, pmed a few people, and they gave some good replies,

Nubius ~

why don't you simply short each of them out, then
> they WILL be faulty.
>
> PSU just say the voltages are unstable and causing
> random reboots.
>
> Graphics card you'd need to say you see lines across
> the screen, but if they
> test it you're kind of screwed...you could take a
> pencil and put a nice
> layer of graphite on random resistors on the card
> which would add resistance
> thus changing the power flow, then it WOULD be
> screwing up

Would this do it? I really need something that would give me a solid reason, I only have 1 chance, and I cant mess up my graphics card and have them rejecting it, leaving me with a messed up card.

Anyway, if you could give a solid reason and something I could do cause they will test them back at their comp store, i need them internaly fked, i would appreciate the help !

Cheers again !

Ok,

im definately going to say that the PSU is causing random reboots, im sure I will get refunded for that.

The graphics card i still dont know yet ! :(

heh, find something to generate a static charge on and just kill the damn card. Although Nubs idea sounds interesting to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom