AMILO M3438G USB problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxhound

Baseband Member
I've bought a Amilo M3438G a while back in germany (live in beglium) and formatted it. after installing Windows XP Professional SP2 I keep getting the message that i'm connecting a fast device to a slow usb hub. I've also updated my chipset drivers (intel 915 mobile one). so basically, any help on this?

thx in advance.

Foxy

That message is usually when your connecting a usb 2.0 device, to a usb 1.x port. However that laptop has usb 2.0, so it shouldn't have that problem.

The bios has the ability to force usb 1.x, so check the bios. What device are you using? As long as you don't need the bandwidth of the higher spec, theres no reason to really fret about it.

well the device is a external HD so i really need the bandwith usb 1.1 speed is 8Mbit so copying files at 1MB/s isnt really fast:p took me 2 hours to get 9GB across :s. i've checked the bios and it didnt have the option (should have mentioned i'd alreaddy done that in the first post).
so any more thoughts?

I managed to find the solution in that thread, thank god for the little knowledge of german i have :). Thanks for your help. I owe you one :)

cool, glad it helped, what was it anyway? I couldn't read a lick of it, and googles translator turned it into gibberish.

bios basically. newer updates had the ability to select slower or faster usb. but a simple restore optimal settings fixed it on the old bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom