Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not true and there are no articles to support that. MS is more "open" to certian things they were once against for example look at the built in DVD ripper in Vista. DRM must be activated by the software developer/producer otherwise you will notice no difference.

This same person told me firefox or any non IE Browser won't work in Vista.

So many Rumors created to take Microsoft down.

What's next? the XBOX 360 is the Beast? (360 Drop the Zero 36, 3 6's 666)

Speaking of the XBOX 360 Vista and the XBOX 360 will be able to talk to each other via Wifi, I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, Apologies if it was.

Again in my time using Beta 1 I think I remember using Fire Fox. I would wish to test this but I've moved back to XP to avoid the troubles that come with any Beta.

In fact I'm almost positive that I've used FF on Vista and MS cannot do that as I recall a law of that say you must have fair competition. I do know however that FF did not work in the 4000 alpha series due to bad coding but IE also couldn't even start properly without crashing in that build. I'm not positive but I'd like to call that false also. This friend is he just anti-MS or has he tried Vista before he made these judgements.

MichiyoYoshiku said:
This same person told me firefox or any non IE Browser won't work in Vista.

So many Rumors created to take Microsoft down.

What's next? the XBOX 360 is the Beast? (360 Drop the Zero 36, 3 6's 666)

Speaking of the XBOX 360 Vista and the XBOX 360 will be able to talk to each other via Wifi, I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, Apologies if it was.
This is totally incorrect as i use Firefox 1.0.7, Firefox 1.5 Beta, Deer Park Alpha 2, Opera 8.5 all within my Vista Build 5219 which is the most current oneout. As for the rest of your statements tell you "friend" he needs to wake up. DRM has nothing to do with what he says it does. DRM is at the hardware level to control only certain media. Like you video card controling what you view on your screen. It has nothing to do with a .txt file. Vista is far more advanced that ME would ever thing of being. Your friend has no clue on what he is trying to say about Vista. I have been following the DRM development very closly since i dont want to have to pay $1000 for a monitor just so i can play a game. Need to learn the difference between a hardware control that will allow certain permission (like a firewall) to perform certain tasks. He wants you to think that Vista will be using the Big Brother metod to control what you do. Where everything is mapped and sent to M$ so they can waych your every step and its all a conspiracy. Sorry M$ doesnt have enough people or time to watch 450 million people that use their software and try to control what they do.

Of course that just my 2 cents dont ahve to like it.

I do think Vista will be another ME.

This same person said that Search Engines will "Scan your hard drive and delete any software that does..." Forgot what something to do with file conversion.

And IE 7 will block google

and yes he did mention the big Brother thing "Homeland security will require every website to register with them"

This guy is 45, Hates his job and studders. So I do take what he says with a grain of salt. I kinda feel bad for him. And people at my church are VERY Anti Microsoft.

yet most of the people my age there own XBOXes....go figure

how is Vista going to be the next ME. dude Vista is for IT professionals its much more complex then ME. We really can't tell for sure yet beacuse its still in its beta1 right now. beta2 is suppost to come out in december somone told me.. tyler i think. so i guess everyone at your church either A) has linux or B) uses macs.... man if you know how to run a OS properly there arent any problems i have never had major issues with M$ OS'...

true.

I don't know if Microsoft can do any better than 2000 or XP pro. Plus Vista doesn't look like that much of a leap over XP. I was expecting a totally new interface Like the leap from 3.1 to 95. (wow 10 years already)

Like I said the weird thing about my church is nobody has a PS2 they all have XBOXes.....they're anti microsoft but have XBOXes?

Personally, I think 3.1 was Microsoft's best OS. I'd love to have somebody take 3.1 and program USB Support and all the goodies we're used to into 3.1 Like that'll happen.

I'm still waiting for the huge monster Leap like 3.1 to 95.

and nobody at my church has a Mac or Linux.

If anybody has a reason to hate Microsoft it's me. in the last 3 months we've had to reinstall ME twice. After the last reinstall it doesn't even realize the DVD Drive is there.

but yeah, and it's not like Macs are any better, OS IX anybody?

This friend is make believe and I'm willing to bet he is you yourself. I'm sorry to say this but you have told 4 lies already concerning Vista already take your anti MS bias somewhere else. This is about a OS not a video game system and what a church thinks doesn't tie into profesionals who have tested it. I'm willing to bet very few people in church have used Vista since I doubt they are IT Pros. Also I use IE 7 pall it doesn't block google the only big group with power to block google was the PRC (China) for 1 week. I'm sick of your lies.

That said I wrap it up with saying Vista is not the uber copyrighted DRM system like people are saying in fact you will probably never even notice it. MS is changing there ways they have a DVD ripper built in. Please do not say it is another ME when you have not tried it for yourself. When you use it then pass your judgements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom