sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk to someone who does a lot of software licensing. Heck, they could probably get ya one of 98 (since its an old OS) for very little. Or, since you've got a valid copy, they could PROBABLY give ya a COA number.

Its definately worth a try.

The way I see it, its no different than asking a locksmith to unlock your car for you... assuming you own the car :D

Umm... i'm not sure but i think Windows 98 is now "public domain" or whatever you want to call it cause it's more than 5 years old so you should be able to get a free # from MS. Shoot me an e-mail so i have your addy and i'll look into it for ya

just get winXP , or just seach the internet for it, I have a gen for all window's but I dont wanna get banned for publishing one, sorry, but search for a win98 key

Actually calling MS is the best option if he wants to keep his exsisting system as they can verify whether or not he is a valid user and if nothing else can sell him a new COA.

Nix, that is horrible advice. Keep in mind that TF does not condone pirated software.

1. You are assuming that it is a legit copy. I know that when I bought 98 way back, I kept my COA in a secure location and I still have it today.

2. He would not be calling 'technical support' he would be calling the purchasing department which is free.

And besides that, my opinion aside, as a mod, it is my job to keep the best intrests of TF in mind. Pirating software, whether you like it or not, is unacceptable and will not be tolerated on this forum.

So, with that being said, Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom