OK, so does SLI = future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabigpoppa

Solid State Member
hey, im still trying to decide.....sli or not to sli

i KNOW i dont need sli...i dont game or anything....but i guess im just scared in the future its going to become some kind of standard and i always like to be ahead of the curve :D

also....iim told GET A DFI LANPARTY MOTHERBOARDDDDD.......but they only come w/ 2 pci slots....i would think i would need atleasssst 3...and i dont need that extra lan port....so how are is the DFI INFINITY SLi mobo's? or is it dfi lanparty or NOTHING at all

also i will not be overclocking anything......thanks for the help :D

People have found out a way to mod the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D non-SLi to SLi. you can save 40 bucks. SLi is probably going to be the future, even though the best cards right now in SLi is about 1,000 dollars. ha. one 7800GT[X] is good enough. the 8xxx series which will be released next year will have 48 pipelines so that's something to look forward to :D

I think you should do this.

Go with the DFI lanparty sli-dr, best out atm.

Get the 6800GT/ultra ~ 7800GT/X (<-- Preferably).

You dont need to SLI now, heck, now it matters only about figures for SLI.

When games become more demanding the prices will have dropped like hell.

People only buy 2x 7800GTX for the bling bling factor, they dont need it.

My suggestion ~ buy 1 card, wait till the games become more demanding, the prices will have dropped quite a lot by then, and THEN buy the 2nd card.

ok yeah i think im going to go sli....ok my problem now is getting over the only 2 pci slots?

the infinity sli has 3 pci slots....and 2 pci-e 1x slots
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813136164

the sli-dr only has 2 pci slots, and 1 pci-e slot.....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813136151

so what makes the sli-dr better than the infinity sli...

also i had my yes set on getting the antec neopower 480 psu.....will i need to look for something bigger incase i do add a 2nd card?

thanks!

if (which I hope) your going to add the 2nd card later, you will need a better PSU, yeah.

For now, a 450W + psu is fine with 1 card.

Um, the SLI-DR has 2 PCIe16 slots, one PCIe1 slot and 2 PCI slots...

And the Infinity is a value mothboard, stay away from it if you're going futureproof.

yeah thats what im saying

the inifinity has more slots than the sli-dr so why is the sli- dr better?

what do you need the slots for anyway?

and the number of slots on a board wont tell you how good it is

Lanparty > Infinity (and always will be ^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom