Microsoft confirms next XP service pack (SP3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah foolish SP2 is essential for SP3. Also Vincenzo when I checked my news sources I got the same article interestingly enough from the same place I haven't found any other source to concirm it yet. Perhaps someone else can.

As for SP3 all I can see it doing now is further add to security and fix the permission right issue that Vista will include. I do know though that it will include Areo (the basic one not glass).

NT have the most service packs because it is the oldest , so i think we will see more service packs in the future for xp and 2k

I've heard they're completely dropping support for 2000 (or might have already)
but other than more security fixes, they're probabbly going to blacklist more pirated keys aswell

maroon1 said:
NT have the most service packs because it is the oldest , so i think we will see more service packs in the future for xp and 2k
That is incorrect all Windows 2000 is discontinued and has entered it's extended support cycle which will last for another 5 years. This means you can find support articles on the Microsoft webpage but you will find no updates for it. The final update for Windows 2000 was Service pack 4 Rollup Update 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom