Is this decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Is this Decent?

Im thinking of buying the Chaintech 7NJL6 with an Atlon XP 3000, 512 of ram and a video card, not sure what kind yet, my budget is $300 right now (canadian dollars). The motherboard and cpu comes to $166 after rebates, tax and shipping, then add some cheap ram for like $65 after taxes then that leaves me with $70 for a video card. I'm looking to play games like HL2, CSS and maybe some DOOM3, now i know what your thinking, this setup is crap but im building an Athlon 64 a bit later but right now I need something other than my Duron 850:p lol. Anyway my question is if i decide to go with an FX 5500 or something, what kinda FPS are we talking about here?

Btw: I already have a 40 GIG harddrive, DVD-rom, CD-burner, case, psu and a monitor... Just need the GUTS!

I wouldn't count on much. Keep those settings low. The processor isn't weak. It's the video card that's the bottleneck.

Ryan

edit: If you can get a cheaper setup, perhaps a sempron or something, see if you can spring the extra few bucks and get a $100ish dollar video card, you'll notice a difference. If you spend that much more, you've jumped into the next generation of video card for a profound difference.

Maybe i'll save up a bit more and spend a little bit more money (keeping the cpu motherboard and ram). What card would you reccommend?

Try the 6600 or the 9800pro. Those are very good performers with current games and you'll be very happy with them.

Ryan

I say save your money for this build so you have more for your next build.

Nah, once i get enough money, ill sell the system that im building and get some more money to go to my new system. I can get a lot of money for this system. Put it this way...I sold a PIII 800 MHz with a 7 gig harddrive and a monitor for $300! LMAO. Ill atleast be able to get double that. :)

Try the 6600 or the 9800pro. Those are very good performers with current games and you'll be very happy with them.
I would but that card is around $160-200, i dont have enough money for that right now. Any other suggestions. Should I go with Nvidia or ATI for this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom