computer wont turn on. psu problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgrunday

Solid State Member
ok, today i recieved my shiny new x800 pro in the mail. i carefully took note of the instructions and followed them almost to the letter (as recently having a bad experience when not following common sense/instructions) and plugged it into my agp port. i then connected (using the extension cable given) the card to the psu, and to the hdd, exactly how it said to in the diagram... then i went to turn my computer on.

and nothing.... absolutely nothing. no power, no bios beeps no flashing lights, nothing! like i hadnt just turned the computer on at all! im extremely frustrated atm and i would appreciate any input. is it possible something is wrong with the card, and it causing like a domino effect or something? but even if the card was buggered, it should still turn ON FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!! is it possible that ive jiggled a cord lose (somehow). please help me

regards

adam

p4 2.8ghz ht enabled cpu
300w psu
80gb hdd
120gb hdd
x800 pro (hopefully, but a 9600xt originally)
win xp

It should say where on your motherboard manual, but for me it's a bunch of little plugs on the corner of my motherboard, among them reset plugs and power plugs.

Another thing is, is your motherboard light (if it has one) on before you power up?

A 350W power supply is recommended for any system using that card, and from the specs you have given us, I can see your power supply is only 300W. You need a new power supply. :)

Search www.newegg.com for a new one. I would suggest a power supply in the neighborhood of 450-500 watts. Antec, OCZ, and Thermaltake are some good brands, just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom