Post your highest 3DMark03 and 05!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
where's everyones 3dmark scores...?

Lol, I know! I was thinking the same exact thing.

And ~4000 is a bit low for a X800XL. I get ~3600 with my 6600GT not-overclocked.

run prime 95 over night, if it passes, then its stable.

Not that type of stability issue. It was a very, very strange issue that no1 could help me with in a few different posts on this forums and even some posts in other ones, and after my dad finally got a good look at it and messed with it for a couple days he thinks that the issue may be the power source that the house provides. It is an old house, its electrical wiring was done over 50 years ago by a cheap redneck, my great grandpa. It seems to be working fine at his house though, so far. It is strange that the cooldown part of the issue was cut down(would have to hear the story to get it), and my computer looks and sounds when its turned on.......Healthier? Well all in all I got my fingers crossed on this being the solution, although I will have to move out of my current house to be able to use it. It looks like a rambled on a little too much......

is that your score with everything at stock, CPU, RAM and all that? A friend of mine has an X800XL with a 3000+ winchester, same mobo, 1gb of Kingston HyperX, none of it is OC'd and he's always talking about it 'beating out the 6800GT' which would mean atleast 5000 in 3dmark05...not an ATI person myself though, but make sure you have the latest catalyst drivers and ask another ATI person what drivers seem the best

Nothing is OCed yet, and I have the latest drivers but will try to find another ATI owner that can give me tips on drivers and whatnot like you suggest.

if it was a power issue I'd figure you'd be having a lot of instability problems and not just a low score...however you could always take a multimeter and test your +12v rail and check to see if it's dropping ridiculously low on full load

You got all the power connectors plugged into the DFI board right? That same friend with the X800XL uses a 20pin PSU on that board even though it's 24pin, and also only has the molex plugged in...he doesn't have the floppy connector plugged in over the video card...and of course the square 4pin connector next to the 24pin

I got the 20+4 pin connecters plugged into the 24 connection which completes the 24 pin along with the 4 pin power connection near that and the floppy drive one. I guess I should take it into the bios and see if everything is set up at the right speeds, since the only part of bios I have ever looked at is the PC health section so I guess checking things in bios could help?

Edit:
that sounds more like it, if you didnt have the jumpers on that board set to the bottom PCI-ex16 slot, it will run at 2x bandwidth instead of 16x. The top slot, with default jumper placement is x16.

Just read that in another forum, it solved that guy's prob with low scores so I think next time I get the chance I'll have to check for those things.

After reading your above post I take it you put the card in the bottom slot?

As the dude said, you will need to move the jumpers to "SLI" position (yes I realize the board technically doesnt support sli, but you know what I mean) and that will change it from 16xtop slot 2x bottom slot to 8x/8x and should clear up your issues.

aright, got some new scores...my RAM finally came back from the manufacturer and is doing 250MHz right off the bat, haven't even begun to push them yet so hopefully I'll have some higher scores later on...just began to push the 6800GT although I believe it has a bit more to go....it's doing better than my AGP one though :D

440/1175 6800GT PCI-E - DDR500 - 2.5GHz - 78.01 Drivers - 13,949 - 3dmark03(Build360)
440/1175 6800GT - DDR500 - 2.5GHz - 78.01 - 6126

Nubius said:
aright, got some new scores...my RAM finally came back from the manufacturer and is doing 250MHz right off the bat, haven't even begun to push them yet so hopefully I'll have some higher scores later on...just began to push the 6800GT although I believe it has a bit more to go....it's doing better than my AGP one though :D

440/1175 6800GT PCI-E - DDR500 - 2.5GHz - 78.01 Drivers - 13,949 - 3dmark03(Build360)
440/1175 6800GT - DDR500 - 2.5GHz - 78.01 - 6126
Very nice *idiotec graciously bows*

I guess it is time that I vmod my card, slap on some wc'ing and hit 450/1300 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom