What is safe A64 CPU Temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all I just wanted to know how hot is too hot for AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego.

I am on stock heatsink and fan and am OCed to 2.7ghz right now. It is a bit hot and I am wondering if I need to change something or if it is ok.

About 40 C and up to a max of 55 C full load

Any thoughts?

Those CPU's run hot naturally.
I would get it a little cooler if I was you.

If its never given you any problems
ex: shutting off, BSOD application termination.
Then its up to you.

that isn't bad, but just personally i'd probably drop it back a notch or two for some extra stability and security. my amd64 3800+ averages 28 at idle and 36 at load. thats with stock heat sink and fan, but its got ceramique and a lapped heat sink. last night i hit 21*C with it

~Larry

personally i like to keep it below 50 for an oc but 55 is my max. mine at stock with stock cooling runs at 26 idle (thats after 4 hours just being on) and 28-29 load (thats after 4 hours of prime) but i would stop there and not let it get hotter

No one is replying to my other thread so mabye someone will here. Can someone please explain to my why I can be overclocked to 245 with a 1:1 ratio and it be running fine but If i switch to using a memory divider I can't boot into windows my computer just continually restarts. It works with a 2:1 ratio but all the others just crash on me. I would like to OC my htt a bit more and use a small memory divider but unless I can figure out why it crashes when ever I try I am out of luck. Thanks for the help

ya i know its cool at the 1:1 but I want to have the option of using a divider to run at a higher htt =( and i have no idea why any divider makes me crash

For the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-d if your using one stick use the orange slot.. if two 521mb use top two slots. Also, make sure you have the 4pin and molex plugged in. This board is a power hungry monster.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom