Bizzarre CPU Fan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
is it the actual fan that's making the whining noise?
maybe just spray a bit of WD40 or something in it

It's the air blowing into the fins causing the whining. I guess a good thing to compare it to is fairly heavy wind blowing at a door and making a whistling sound as a result of the gap between door and door frame. Like I said, it's purely physics creating the sound.

HAVOC2k5 said:
It sounds to me like that HS&FAN is just poorly made and is uneven somewhere causing a nasty vibration.

Dude, if you have $80.00 to spare... Hook your self up with the Zalman 9500LED HS&FAN. I just got mine today from newegg.com and this thing is freakin' cool... I haven't installed it yet, but i'm dying too..

after doing some research on that product, it says as one of the feature, "Extremely quiet." It also has a 6 year warranty. Contact AC and tell them you want a new one.... put the phone next to the fan and let them listen to their humming HS$FAN

I may look into that Zalman, gonna be selling my old PSU so I will have some money to spare hopefully soon. I've thought about getting another Freezer 64 but I'd probably sooner get something else altogether.

I'm gonna try putting some tape around the 2 black arms to create enough tension to stop the whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom