Help with Unblocking Command Prompt! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B37

Baseband Member
Well here's my problem. First of all, I do not know if this is in the right section. But heres my problem which I need to find out NOW. I need to know how to unblock command prompt. If someone could tell me what I would do to get to that specific settings menu, that would be fabulous.

Did you try to get to it by Start>Run>Command? I know that is the easiest way to get to it. I dont know how it owuld have gotten locked. I will see if i can findout how to unlock it.

only works if you are using nt4 based policy. the settings that are used in newer policy settings will override that... Also depends on the access to the registry.
that's a nice VBS warez. for us, we blocked VBscripts entirely, so we don't allow that kind of stuff. We are pretty tight with out users, but it keeps them safe... :)

yes it is blocked on purpose. I think it is a setting in Control Panel.

it's a policy setting that does it. You will need to talk to your IT department to have them allow it for you.

Good luck

I am against helping school kids bypass the command prompt on school computers or for any circumstance you yourself said it was blocked for a reason.

For one, it's not any reason for school. I'm way ahead of my scholarly knowledge than to be fooling around with programs. It is for home use. And, my ignorant brother blocked it under Registry Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom