3dmark05 score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well cpu doesn't help your score on that program really......It's all about the video card mostly and yours looks normal for a 6600gt and I'm guessing its overclocked a tad?

well you are right there. the cpu doesnt help it all really but i meant pretty good for a socket a because most people consider socket a processors as older precessors that do not perform well but really my cpu compares to a 3.3ghz p4 from what i hear and see in multiple benchmarks. and u know how people go crazy for something thats got hi mhz there like omg its 3300mhz. which they really do not under stand the true power of what a lesser value mhz amd system can put out. im not saying some intels sucks im just saying my (60dollar) chip overclocked to 2.5ghz completly prime stable can perform some where around pentiums 3.6ghz (400dollar chip),so the whole point im getting to is u can really ride out a processor lol. can u imagine and amd fx 57 at like 3.4ghz wow that would be nuts

Like Vampire said though 3dmark05 doesn't really do anything to test the CPU...you want to see the difference between socket A and an AMD64 even of lesser MHz, then you need to run Aquamark or 3dmark01, then you will see a vast difference because it tests more of the system as a whole.

Even if you were in an AMD64 system, with 3dmark05 your score wouldn't be much higher than it is there.

and yeah I had an XP-M at 2.5GHz as my main machine for a long time so I'm fully aware of how good they are, but it's the memory bandwidth of the newer machines is where it kills the old ones

well my motherboards box lol says it can have like 6.4GB memory bandwidth so as soon as i have my memory up with the voltage and i can run it over pc4000 maybe like ddr550 with the lowest timmings possible at that speed im sure i my system will be moving it least 5.5gb

well my motherboards box lol says it can have like 6.4GB memory bandwidth so as soon as i have my memory up with the voltage and i can run it over pc4000 maybe like ddr550 with the lowest timmings possible at that speed im sure i my system will be moving it least 5.5gb
When it says 6.4gb it's talking about PC3200 in dual channel....and trust me it's nowhere even close to 6.4gb like they say.....in reality it's like....3.4gb/sec bandwidth....use sisoftware sandra or everest and it'll show you that.

Even with DDR550 you won't be hitting 5.5gb..

DDR500 - 250MHz - 2.5-3-3-8-1T 2.9v @ 3779/3495

I keep a record of all my benches from memory benches, to 3dmark01, 03, 05, and aquamark across both my XP-M, my AMD64 in my nf3 board and my AMD64 in my NF4 board.

So at DDR550 you can probably expect to get MAYBE 4gb/sec

That's on my XP-M system, CPU running at 2.5GHz

EDIT: forgot though, if you're running BH-5 sticks with lots of voltage and hoping for DDR550 using something like 2-2-2-5 timings then over 4gb is a definite, but still not quite 5.5

dang lol well i guess 3.7 gig will be good enough for the newer games as my system does run pretty much anything at decent settings some hi some not but thanks

burned-ati said:
im not saying some intels sucks im just saying my (60dollar) chip overclocked to 2.5ghz completly prime stable can perform some where around pentiums 3.6ghz (400dollar chip),so the whole point im getting to is u can really ride out a processor lol.

See what happens when you remove the heatsink for 2 seconds while playing a game, your amd will explode hehe

An intel chip wont.....not that im sticking up for intel, i plan to go AMD next year.

yah but he has a point the chip is older but still preforms well.even without thermal throttling,so you can go through 4-5 of those chips before u reach the price of the intel.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom