Good motherboard brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlingstyle

In Runtime
I've had an ASUS for a good while. I bought it back then because people told me the brand was good. Recently, however, I've been reading that ASUS makes a lot of buggy boards, and people don't rank the brand very high. Is this a change that occured over the past years? or has ASUS always been like this?

Also, what brands have high reputation nowadays? What brands do you guys like?

Thanks.

Asus is decent at best overall in terms of motherboards. But if you are going the AMD64 platform DO NOT buy their boards!

My personal favorite is Abit, always solid and GREAT support. I also like Giga-byte. Some other good manufactures are MSI and people around here seem to support DFI.

Stay with those few, they have a great selection and will do you well.

Good luck!

depends, if you're going Intel, then definately Asus
if you're going AMD, then don't go Asus.
AMD:
for AGP, either go MSI or Abit. and look for ones with Nforce3 chipsets
for PCI-E, either MSI's K8N Neo4 or DFI's NF4 series boards.

I've heard a lot of good things about the DFI Lanparty board. Once i scrape enough cash together that will be the board supporting my AMD 64 system

yes, it is a great board even if you're not overclocking
although it's probabbly advisable to go for the MSI for the lower price, unless you are overclocking, or if you have heaps of money

What does it mean when a mobo is good for OC-ing? Does it mean it can better handle the stress put on by the OC?

it means that you can manipulate the frequencies and speeds at which the processor operates. It's not advisable to push the processor to these numbers without first knowing what you're doing. If you don't know fully what Overclocking is, then you won't be doing it. I advise to buy the MSI board. It's a very solid brand.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom