Windows XP wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypse-X

Solid State Member
I built my computer myself. I have enough background in A+ to be able to build it and I had help from a friend who just built his. Im using the DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard, Amd 4800+ dc proccessor, two
BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC, two Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory, Maxtor 250 SATA HDD. When i try to install windows it goes to about 27% then it will say that it cant load a certain file..usually a .dll. I Know my copy of xp is good because we just installed it onto my friends HDD. The wierd thing is I plugged an IDE HDD with xp on it into my machine, i unpluged my sata, the machin will get to the XP logo screen then reboot. If this needs to be in a dirfferent forum please let me know and i will repost. Thanks
-Brandon

I had exactly that problem installing XP home recently. Switched the windows install disc to another CD drive and it worked just fine. If you have another CD drive to try i'd recommend that..should work out fine

I tried a two differnt cd/dvd drives but to no avail. Im sick of dealing with it..been a week now..so i took it to a local computer repair shop, if they cant fix it im gonna try to send everything back for new parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom