Blue screen memory dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbillybob

In Runtime
HELP!!!!

I am gettin a blue screen on Windows load. It says

windows failed to load because of this reason.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

then it goes through the "if you installed hardware incorectly, this could be the reason" and then it gives these numbers

0x000000c2 (0x00000043, 0xc6024000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Im not sure what all that means. Now, let me list some events that might be of help. Last night, my ISP started messin up and is still today having problems. The computer that is spoutin this message was working fine about 4:30 yesterday, I shut it down, then @ 6:30 I went to power it up, it flashed this message.

I honestly do not know what this means, so any help or advice would be great.

thanks!!!!!

That error comes from usually a RAM or GPU error.
You should run memtest/memtest86 and rule that out first.

Then update all your drivers through safemode w/ networking.

ok, sounds viable. However, (I forgot to mention this, sorry) I can't get to safe mode, with/without networking. Unless.......A boot disk could do it couldn't it? if it could, is there something I need to press to get it to load the boot disk (provided the BIOS is set correctly) like F8 for advanced options???

We should be able to rule out GPU, at least for now, that's onboard. Ill swap the ram see if that won't fix it. I turned off silent boot, and I got one beep. BIOS beep codes said that was a refresh error. (still got video :p) but with a full memory test @ POST, I read all of the memory. hmmmm.....ok, ill try the stick of ram, see if that will get it. What about safe mode (above) ???

again, thanks

So your machine as of right now won't access safe mode at all ? or just safe mode w/ networking ?

Boot disk might help.

Whens the last time you tried to boot up normally ?

As of right now:

Safe mode: Negative

safe mode w/ networking: Negative

Safe mode w/ console: Negative

Last know good config.: Negative

Last time to boot up normally:

15 - 20 min. ago, right before and after swapping the RAM.
again, Negative both times.

I think we can rule out a RAM error. I swapped out the stick for a known good stick, and got the same screen.

:grind:

Would you be apposed to reformating ?
Have you searched that pool code with microsoft ?
Do you run xp or 2000 ?
Have you installed any new software ?
Can you access the bios ? have you reset to defaults ?

Ya, I have searched the pool code on Microsoft.

Cannot free a non-allocated nonpaged pool address.
• Parameter 1 = 0x41 : Attempt to free a non-allocated nonpaged pool address
• Parameter 2 = Starting address
• Parameter 3 = physical page frame
• Parameter 4 = highest physical page frame

unfortunatly, my parameter is 0x43, not 0x41, am I to assume it's still a non-allocated nonpaged pool address?

Windows XP

yes, I can access the BIOS, not a problem. I haven't thought about the defaults.

New Software - yes. ProShow Gold from crystal graphics and PowerPlugs from crystal graphics.
Pro Show is a program to extract still frames from DV and import it to a presentation, powerplugs is simple files, and plug ins for powerpoint.

as for reformatting, well, it's an option, one that can readily be exhausted, but if I can keep from it, I would really like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom