Computer problem question

Status
Not open for further replies.

posito75

Solid State Member
First my specs. Im not at home so I dont know all of them.

MSI Neo2 f
One stick of 512mb pc2100, 1 stick of 512mb pc3200 - both lowered to 200 in bios (I know I know, I need to replace that pc2100)
BFG 6800 GT (AGP)
Athon 64 3000 (OC'ed to 2.2)
Thermaltake Silent boost CPU fan with Artic silver compound
HD of 40gigs(Maxtor I belive) , second of 80gigs Seagate

Okay, I dont know the name or brand of my PSU cause my older psu went out about 3 months ago and my brother had this generic PSU around so he gave it to me. But I do know it is a 350 power

My problem is sometimes my computer resets all of a sudden. Something is obviously wrong. It can happen at anytime. Sometimes even while rebooting. Other times it is fine and then after a few hours it goes out. its very random. It can happen surfing the web or playing a game or even while booting up.

I know that its not the temperature of the CPU cause Speed fan says its at 36c.. All the temps are at around 36-40c. The Video Card temp say 56c. The only two things are maybe the PSU or or the pc2100 Ram. I ran Memtest and both rams are good, no problems at all.

Also, this has been happening within the last few days, but sometimes while clicking on the computer only the fans would turn on. Not the Hard drives or Motherboard, just the CPU Fan. Then I click on the reset button and leave it pressed then the rest turn on but if I release the reset button is goes back to only turing on the fans. Other times everything turns on but nothing on the screen like something would be wrong with the CPU. Whats going on? I doubt that faulty Ram does this? maybe faulty Motherboard or PSU.

Anyways ANY help from here would be appreciated. Thank you. Sorry for the long post.

Sounds like your PSU is crapping out on you.

Get a decent Antec or ThermalTake. There are others that are high-end, but both of these are great. BestBuy carries Antecs.

I thought it was the power supply but I wasnt sure. I dont think that 350w is enough right? Im thinking 430+? Cause I have alot of things in my computer and Im planning on adding 2 more pci cards, a TV tuner and a wireless adapter. Im gonna get a better power supply like you guys suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom