Very big problem suspected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Very big problem suspected!

LoTeX said:
weird, i couldn't find any info about a sound with that description ;)

Thanks for makin me laugh this early in the day!

I'd like to start from the beginning. Let me get this straight. You bought a new 120GIG HDD which you intended to install. Q: Is it a Serial ATA HDD or an IDE HDD? Q: When you said, " at first i had some trouble getting my pc to boot but cleared the cmos and started up fine." Did you mean you were trying to get it to boot to the new disk or the older one? I presume the old one.

Now, I think that clearing your CMOS was the wrong move that this point, seeing as the only hardware change you made was adding a new harddrive. You should have started with the HDD or HDD's, checking master/slave jumpers or molexes or config in BIOS of boot sequences... ETC. But, now you took (1) issue and erased all of your BIOS settings back to default. Which you might have been able to go into the BIOS and find the problem.

Then... LOL you fried the CPU because you got a fan wire stuck in the FAN... LOL...

Dude, next time bring yuor PC to a professional.

ok the sound was like a deep whine and a small pop at the end. and the cpu is fine i presume its just that i kinda messed my mobo up in the process of taking the cpu out. that is what i think the problem was anyway and ive wanted a new one for a while now so ive roght now got to get a new mobo. asus for sure th 130$ one at new P5LD or something of that sort.and definitly wasnt power since i just recently put that psu in there so i think its the mobo. cause my mobo has been giving me boot up problems for a while now. it sometimes would freeaze in bios and id have to restrt again and again till it started up so im just gonna get a new mobo. i have 2 paychecks i havent cashed yet so im fine money wize. wahoo im gonna get my chip to at least 4.0 when i get this mobo cant wait.

timmer said:
ok the sound was like a deep whine and a small pop at the end. and the cpu is fine i presume its just that i kinda messed my mobo up in the process of taking the cpu out. that is what i think the problem was anyway and ive wanted a new one for a while now so ive roght now got to get a new mobo. asus for sure th 130$ one at new P5LD or something of that sort.and definitly wasnt power since i just recently put that psu in there so i think its the mobo. cause my mobo has been giving me boot up problems for a while now. it sometimes would freeze in bios and id have to restrt again and again till it started up so im just gonna get a new mobo. i have 2 paychecks i havent cashed yet so im fine money wize. wahoo im gonna get my chip to at least 4.0 when i get this mobo cant wait.

I believe what happened is this. The wire that was obstructing the fan from spinning cause the fan to "whine" then the motor burnt out. I'm willing to bet that your current mobo / bios has a feature that prevents the PC from booting if the mobo / bios detects that the fan is either not connected to the mobo, or in this case isn't working. This feature prevents the CPU from overheating and is also something that you can change form (enable to disable) but since you cleared your CMOS this feature is now enabled by default. That's why your PC won't boot and nothing will work. If you replace the CPU fan, i bet your problem would be solved.

BUt, since your getting a new MOBO anyway, why not take out a hammer and have a little fun?

lol i dont know about smashing the mobo but it it sure is garbage lol. im gonna get hammered for this one i gaurente it. well heres the story. when taking out the cpu my dumbass thought the pins were attatched to the cpu NOT the mobo. so i thought something had happened and the chip had like melted and then hardend and got stuck in the cpu cause when i pulled the cpu out i had a flat surface on the bottom and i tried "with my finger" to get the piece that ohh yea doesnt come out. so i eneded up bending a few pins on my mobo lol. good thing the mobo was only 50$ to begin with but i needed a new anyway. but i hope the fan is alright cause thats a damn good fan my top temps are like 45C ive seen the hightest 47.5 but thats it. some peoples idle at 45 and mine is maxing 45 thats nice. so when i get my new mobo i hope it recognizes the fan if not im in trouble.
4.0GHz here i come!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom