Leave on or Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Igetshockedalot said:
Just because its been posted before doesn't mean that everyone has read that thread. I was glad to see this topic. And what's up with telling him to search and then contributing to the thread?

You're supposed to search before you post so there aeren't useless threads floating around. If you want to know something, search for it. Chances are, someone has already posted it. And search in ALL the forums, not just one.

And he contributed because he's a contrubiting member, unlike others I know...

Personally, I say to turn it off, or StandBy/Hibernate.

I leave the computer on 99% of the time. I don't mind eating the extra couple $ in the electric bill. I make sure to turn the monitor off though.

shenlingstyle said:
I'm usually downloading overnight, so I turn the monitor off. Otherwise, I shut the b!ch down.

Downloading freeware i'm sure ;) . I have fans with blue LEDs in my case. I'm wondering how much power those use considering i leave my computer all the time? I have something like 7 fans with 4 little LEDs each.

LEDs take hardly any power, I've noticed recently that people are buying LED sticks instead of Neon tubes for there cars because they use less power, and generate less heat. A car with LEDs all the way around won't suffer from a dead battery if the LEDs are left on because the LEDs don't use much power.

charles_scott said:
LEDs take hardly any power, I've noticed recently that people are buying LED sticks instead of Neon tubes for there cars because they use less power, and generate less heat. A car with LEDs all the way around won't suffer from a dead battery if the LEDs are left on because the LEDs don't use much power.

Let me take a wild guess... and this would be for a 4-cylinder with a fart pipe (weed wacker sound, you know) :rolleyes: and a giant wing on the back so if I ever feel the need to go 180 MPH i'll get extra grip on the road, maybe some "sweet" :rolleyes: ground effects, i could go on and on. :p

Back on topic. I'll just stick to leaving my computer on all the time and pay a tad more on the bills.

Media/App machine = Always on. Also I always leave messanging services up to keep reachable at all times on it.

Gaming machine = only on when using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom