modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
now ive got my new computer i want to by mods for it to make it look ace like fans ,maybe lights and a fan control unit to control the fans i know this is abit of a wierd question but hear goes when i download at night i cant stand hearing my computer when im sleeping so guess my question is what Db fan should i look for ive seen one with a 54Dbs and i gather thats pretty loud also when i get this fan controller unit i can turn of the fans or have them running low rpm

yeah, work on the english...

anyway, as far as your quieting options go it would help to know what kind of system you have. Is it a custom built pc? If so, what motherboard, many nice motherboards have software that can adjust fan speeds automatically, there is also general software avaliable to do this IF your motherboard can support it.

As far as new fans, I recommend quiet fans, ie: 28 db or less at full RPM's

~Larry

im not going to bother about the control panels i may get lights but im deffenatly going to put 4 80mm fans in, 2 at the back, 2 at the front for circulation. the 2 fans at the front should be forcing air in while the 2 at the back forcing air out am i right?

Bigger is better in my book. I'm talking about fans. In both of my midtowers, I cut two 120mm holes on the side of the case with a dremel but wouldnt do it again (too much work). 120mm fans move a heck of alot move air per dB. You can buy 80mm to 120mm fan adapters. I'm using two in my new computer build. I've installed 92mm fans in 80mm drive cages without modifications. 92mm can be installed in place of 80mm most of the time with modds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom