best socket a motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
hi i just realized my voltage with my motherboard sucks pretty much and i have some pc4000 memory so yeah u can only imagine im not running it at pc4000 lol so say i have 160$ i want the best socket a motherboard what is it?? and i dont need memory my sig is out dated i actually have pc4000 dualchannel 1 gig kit

PC4000 isn't going to want to run on a socket A motherboard too well without some after market cooling for the NB and possibly more voltage to it. The north bridges tend to get really hot once you go past the standard 400FSB

NF7-S v2 would be a good choice or a DFI Board...can't think of one offhand, I think it's the Infinity II "B" or something like that that was always being recommended.

hows that better? For socket A overclocking motherboards from Abit, the NF7-S v2 is the board of choice.

well thanks. and for lack of memory voltage i was planning on getting a ocz memory dimm booster.ive heard it can actually raise my voltage with my motherboard i have now to 3.4volt. i mean thats alot i will only need around 3volt to run this memory at what i want. which now im only putting out 2.7 volt which really blows

and my south bridge is loaded up with ram sinks to help cooling and my fsb is 420mhz and i have had no problems

Nubius said:
hows that better? For socket A overclocking motherboards from Abit, the NF7-S v2 is the board of choice.

well, first of all, I own AN7. ;)

it's been awhile since i read the reviews, but i recall an7 being considered as "nf7-s v3". (mind you the early bios versions werent the most stable and working ones). not sure about the nf7 details, but an7 has lots of oc options, including the uGuru. also sata, firewire, digital audio...and of course the funky placed ide connectors! :D

i googled for a review in case you wanna take a closer look.

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/abit-an7/

well i belive that abit an7 would be what i want because its memory voltage can go on up there lol but im not sure if i would want to deal with a new motherboard so soon since i just bought this one but im deffinetly going for the ocz dimm booster thanks

well, first of all, I own AN7.

it's been awhile since i read the reviews, but i recall an7 being considered as "nf7-s v3". (mind you the early bios versions werent the most stable and working ones). not sure about the nf7 details, but an7 has lots of oc options, including the uGuru. also sata, firewire, digital audio...and of course the funky placed ide connectors!
Why don't you just go straight to the sources.... www.abit-usa.com

Nf7-S v2 has everything you just mentioned PLUS a couple more options...I've never heard of this 'considered as v3' that you mentioned...I'm not saying it's a bad board by any means, but when it came to socket A overclocking it was always the NF7-S v2, and yes I did own one of those boards so I'm not just recommending it for the hell of it.

Not only that but there's a crapload of modded BIOS's for the NF7 as well from good sources like TicTac who is pretty reknowned for his modded BIOS's....pretty sure he did a couple for AN7 but don't quote me on that

Uguru IMO sucks...both boards have it, but yeah never much cared for it myself...the chipset voltages look to be the same, but I don't remember what the NF7s memory voltage goes to off hand.

i have the an7 and yes the uguru does indeed suck, as for overclocking options ive found that this board overclocks very well, i use a modified bios by tic tac as the original bios for this board was a load of rubish,
i cant comment on nf7 but from what i can remember nubius got a decent overclock on it around 2.8 if i remember dont think he got this stable tho maybe nubius can verify,ive had this board at 2.687ghz stable on air at 1.68 vcore fsb 215 and i think with watercooling could hit 2.8 quite easily should find out in next 4 weeks as my watercooling is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom